This program provides education and consultation services on nutrition, hygiene, health and wellness promotion, and asthma education to child care providers in Audrain County at no cost.
• Provide staff training Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and health promotions to child care facilities. • Assist child care families and providers with up-to-date information, consultation and resources. • Assist providers with immunization record keeping and reporting. • Serves as a resource for childcare providers and/or families on health issues.
What is Child Care Health Consultation (CCHC)?
• Child Care Health Consultation (CCHC) is a free service to provide health and safety education to promote optimal health and safety.
Who may be eligible for CCHC services?
• All Audrain county childcare providers, and the children and parents they serve.
What are the benefits and services provided by CCHC services?
• Free clock hours for providers on topics related to the health and safety of the children they care for. • Health promotion classes that are age appropriate to children in childcare, such as proper hand washing, dental care, nutrition, and injury prevention. • Health education to care providers and parents to ensure childhood safety and injury prevention.
How do I apply for CCHC services?
• Call (573) 581-1332 and the CCHC nurse will set up an appointment for a child care visit at your facility. • The Audrain County Health Department is located at 1130 S. Elmwood Drive, Mexico, Missouri 65265.